1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auto Front Defrost

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by ieatfood7, Dec 22, 2009.

1. ieatfood7

ieatfood7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello all.
    I have founbd posts with simmilar problems to mine, but nothing the same, so I'm posting for help.
    I bought a new 2010 priusIII with nav. The air conditioning is done by the buttons. It was set when I got it that the auto air was going, and when it was cold, it would automatically change to the front defrost.
    Once, while the auto light and the front defrost light were both on, I pressed hte front defrost button. now, I can use auto climate control, but it never turns on the defrost, or i can use the front defrost, but it never pumps air though anything else or shuts off. I don't wasnt to change it manually, I want to set it and forget it. any advice? the users manuel says nothing and the call center is not knowlegable.

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Mine stays in "Auto" most of the time, but if I need defrost I sometimes have to select the defrost button. I find it necessary to use the "Mode" button to redirect airflow from time to time. I also need to turn the air conditioner off or on sometimes during summer.

I have had 3 cars now with automatic climate control and none of them are "set it and forget it" at least not if I want to remain comfortable and get good mileage. The problem is, I think, that they haven't invented a system yet that can read my mind. :)