1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Autocar; Prius coupe tackles Honda CR-Z

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by 1SMUGLEX, Oct 27, 2009.

1. 1SMUGLEX

1SMUGLEX I love the smug!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ready for some rumors? Like, totally unsubstantiated rumors? Here you go. The latest rumor this week is that Toyota is not only planning the Prius Coupe that PriusChat has been reporting for about 7 months now, but you can add a MPV (like a mini-minivan) to the list. This model would compete with the still-concept Honda Skydeck. An MPV-style vehicle would be a great addition to the utility/efficiency focus of the Prius line, especially since I fully expect the next generation Sienna van to be available in a hybrid version. While these are just rumors, it's great to hear Toyota focusing on putting "new" models into the Prius sub-brand and not just re-badged, hybrid versions of existing models as many have hypothesized. Thanks to everyone who sent this in. AutoCar

2. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    1st shot is a pretty good PS.

The issue now is whether they've solved the moonroof vs. 17" alloys dilemma. (or not offer a moonroof at all).

4. bestmapman

bestmapman 04, 07 ,08, 09, 10, 16, 21 Prime

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    That second rendering is pretty sweet.

5. pafoss

pafoss Plug-in Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Same 1.8 liter engine size. Lighter weight. Should be the best fuel economy of all in the new Prius lineup...? Sign me up!

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Seriously! If they made the car look like that they would sell tons!

1 person likes this.
  7. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Both these concepts seem great to me. But note to Toyota, if you do release a Prius coupe with a spoiler, please go back to color coding them to match the vehicle. Infact, go back to the color matching spoiler for The Prius.

The Black plastic spoiler on the 2010 just doesn't look as good as the matching colored spoilers of before.

I don't know what the cost savings of a uniform generic spoiler happens to be, but especially on a streamline sporty coupe version, I'd really not like to see the black as the only choice.

The photoshop and mock-ups look great imo. Sans spoiler.

8. joe1347

joe1347 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
  9. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I posted a different thread a few days ago that Toyota has a Prius MPV5 concept car; which indicates a "Prius family" will be a reality if they stick with that name to production. This isn't the coupe, but if there is a Prius family, I think the chances are much better that we will see a sporty Prius coupe.

10. Philosophe

Philosophe 2010 Prius owner

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought that was the dorkmobile.:eek:

It certainly look like a car from few decades ago... corresponding to Wikipedia's definition of [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dork"]"dork"[/ame]:
    One could also say that you might need to be "socially inept" to drive 20 MPG car. ;)