1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Automatic Lane Keep Assist and/or Rearview Mirror Off?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Jeff Gold, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Jeff Gold

Jeff Gold Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hello,

I have a 2012 Prius with Advanced Technology Package. I'd like to always have Lane Keep Assist on. Is there some sort of hidden setting so this comes on by default rather than having to set it every time I start the car?

Also, I don't like the dim feature of the rearview mirror. It comes on by default. Is there a way that it can be set so it is off by default? It is hard enough to see out the rearview sometimes, and the dimmer makes it more difficult for me at night. I don't like having to hit the switch every time I start the car at night.

Thanks,

- Jeff

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There's no eastern egg that you can simply enable, but members (particularly cproaudio) have made modifications to make power mode the default driving mode, enable rear view camera when changing lanes, etc. so it can in theory be done with wiring modifications.

As for disabling the dimming feature, just cover the front sensor with black electric tape (opposite would be to cover the rear sensor facing the windshield to improve its function by cutting down on ambient light detection).

3. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    And you don't have to make the tape solid, either; I found that the headlights from oncoming traffic would sometimes fool the mirror's forward-facing sensor into thinking it was daylight and disable the dimming. (I think it's basically just looking for the condition of "it's bright from behind, and dim in front" to determine when it's nighttime.) So I put a piece of gaffer's tape over it, bowed outwards - so light from directly forward can't hit the sensor any more, but light from above does.

In your case, you could either cover the rear sensor with something semi-transparent, or partially cover it, and that should make it work better for you.