1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Michael Hammer, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Michael Hammer

Michael Hammer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    001.JPG I have a 2005 base Prius and need help with the wiring of an aftermarket Radio . The directions for the ASWC-1 say the oem plug is a 20 pin but I`m having a hard time knowing which wires go where . 002.JPG
    004.JPG

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      131 KB
      Views:
  2. Michael Hammer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    had my neighbor hook it up the only thing not working is the steering controls :(

3. Michael Hammer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Okay so the steering wheel controller was not that difficult after all but for me it was :) The red and black wires are easy enough they can tap in with the new stereo red and black wires . Now the more involving part was the radio has a 20 pin harness that isn`t used with the aftermarket stereo . But instead you use 3 of the wires to connect as shown in the pdf . Also the metra kit 95-8240B comes with the resistor to connect the 2 wires at pin 9 and 10 to stop problems with the climate control . I ended up installing a Kenwood DPX500BT just $150 on amazon :) So to clarify you only use 5 wires from the big bundle on the Axxess ASWC-1 , the black ,red ,green orange which looks like green tan to me ,black green and then the brown wire goes to your aftermarket stereo if you have a kenwood .

Attached Files:

4. 3prongpaul

3prongpaul Hybrid Shop Owner, worked on 100's of Prius's

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A