1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Back-up sensor unit for 2011 prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by NC BILL, Mar 17, 2011.

1. NC BILL

NC BILL New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hello! Does anyone know if Toyota is currently offering a back-up sensor unit and/or a front sensor unit for the 2011 Prius? Even though we have the rear camera display, my wife really misses having the audible warnings. We have front and back-up sensors on our Sienna (factory) and I had a rear unit put on our Scion xB (dealer installed).

I haven't seen a front or back-up unit advertised for the Prius, but perhaps Toyota has a generic unit that could be installed on any of their vehicles? Or, if Toyota does not offer such an accessory, are there any third-party manufacturers offering compatible units?

2. BrettS

BrettS Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm not sure if Toyota makes any, however, there are quite a number of them available on Ebay. I just bought one for about $25 shipped with 4 sensors for the rear bumper, however, there were other ones available with front and rear sensors.

Most of them seem to ship from China with 4+ week transit times, however, the one I got shipped from the US (Although I believe it was identical to the Chinese units).

Most of the ones on ebay also seemed to have horribly gaudy displays that show how far you were from something and I had a bit of a hard time finding one that included a just beeper instead of the whole display. I believe the ones with the displays do still beep, so had I wound up purchasing one with a display my plan was just to hide the display and listen for the beeps. There was no way I was going to put one of those displays on my dash... or anywhere else in sight within my car.

I haven't installed it yet, but it doesn't look too difficult... hopefully I'll get it installed in the next week or so.

3. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Here you go

Attached Files:

4. smokiejoe

smokiejoe Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I should be able to slap that baby in, in about 35 minutes. :)

5. NC BILL

NC BILL New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    WHOA! I hadn't planned to have to disassemble the entire car! Those procedures look W-A-A-A-A-Y to complicated for my meager talents! :eek:

I think my wife is just going to have to live with the image-only factory installed camera. Thanks to all for the replies.