1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

bargaining chances?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by mavsfan5241, Apr 30, 2006.

1. mavsfan5241

mavsfan5241 New Member

Hello, this is gonna be my first time buying a car. I'm really looking forward to getting a Prius#5, however I know nothing about how to deal with car dealers and have no clue as to what to expect, so it would be GREAT if any of you guys can give me some advice and help me out a little! =)

One thing I'm really curious about is the demand for 2006 Prius right now - should I expect to pay for MSRP or even above MSRP at this time? or can I expect to cut a little price off (and by how much)?

also what is the avg waiting period of getting a prius?

any other DETAILS that I should pay attention to when heading to the dealers would be greatly appreciated!

Thx!

2. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    A lot of your questions really depend on your local area.

There are not too many people who have paid under MSRP. There is an occasional story, where the dealer made a mistake and then offered a different vehicle at slightly below MSRP...but highly unusual.

Demand is still very high, and with gas prices on the rise, getting even higher.

You have to do your research...contact as many dealers as you can..and maybe get a little lucky.

Bottom-line, you should be able to get one for MSRP by pitting one dealer against another (if needed, use an out of state dealer's name). Dealers do not usually talk to each other, so chances on them actually being able to check your story are slim to none.

DO NOT accept any add-ons to the car such as paint protection, under coating, interior protection, Lo-Jack, extra alarm, etc. The one exception is floor mats, as sometimes they will just not give in on those (as they were in the factory order on the car and already on the invoice). An definately do not buy the extended warranty (you can get it from at least 2 places on this site for hundreds less).

Luck is a big part...if they happen to have a vehicle...or someone on their waiting list says no to the car and you just happen to be there. The more flexible you are with colors and packages also helps.

Goodluck!