1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ben's new 2004 Hymotion Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by bennelson, Feb 28, 2012.

1. bennelson

bennelson New to Prius

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone!

I've been a fan of clean transportation for some time now. I've built my own electric motorcycle and electric car, but until now I've probably clocked less than ten minutes total in a Prius.

My wife's old Pontiac Sunfire is is really getting up in age and miles, and we decided it was time for a new car. I really wanted something with good fuel-economy, and ideally could run on alternative fuels (including electricity.)

All she really wanted was something reliable with good heat (we are in Wisconsin) and air-conditioning.

I started looking around and asking everyone I knew for good leads. Eventually I found a 2004 Prius for sale that already had a Hymotion L5 kit in it. The interior and exterior were in great condition, and it was low miles.

So, the new family car is a red Prius with a plug! I am already on a renewable energy program at my house, and hope to get more solar panels in the future as well.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for other folks who have experience with the Hymotion setup, but for now, I'll just have to poke through all the general Prius newbie information and then jump into the advanced stuff.

Everyone said this is THE place to be to talk about Priusus, er Pri?, Prii? Um Toyota hybrids.

2. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the club (cough..<cult>), bennelson, and congrats on the new ride. Yes, this is THE place to talk about Prii and whatever else you wish to talk about. A red Prius with a plug sounds fantastic, be sure to post some photos when you get a chance.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    :welcome: nice to have another zombie, er, member.:p

4. jaymac

jaymac membore

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm new here too. I'd love to hear and see more about your plug in conversion prius.

John

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Way to jump into Priushood! :)

There is a whole subforum dedicated to GenII plug-in conversions inside the Modifications forum.

6. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ben,

:welcome: to PRIUSchat.:cheer2:

It's been a pleasure following your adventures at EcoModder.com

Well, then I guess that we'll be hearing from you again about the
    4th of July. :rolleyes:

7. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad to see you decided to get it. Like I told you over the phone your going to have to learn how the Prius works in order to really take advantage of the Hymotion battery. Or you can just get in it and drive. Either way you'll be using less gas and I'm sure you will have fun driving it.