1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best Mileage So Far

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by Hodr, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Hodr

Hodr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Just finished my first tank of gas. It included 38 miles of hard test driving from the dealership (average was 14mpg when I bought it) and in the end I achieved 58mpg according to the computer and FUELLY (granted, I know the amount of gas actually used does not match perfectly with what I put back in).

I am pretty happy with the results considering 75% of my 490+ miles was highway travel on the weekends and my normal daily "city" commute consists of < 5 mile per trip stop and go (from a cold start). I noticed I generally kill it on the way to work (63-65mpg) and suffer a bit on the return (43-45mpg).

And to top it off, my very first round-trip (so uphill / downhill cancel out) after filling back up netted my best reported mileage to date. 73.8mpg over 9.9 miles ending with the exact same number of battery bars that I started with.

Not gonna lie, im pretty stoked.

[​IMG]

2. Real nice. (y) I'm curious to see how it breaks in after a few more thousand miles.

3. BBSparks

BBSparks Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hi folks - nearly 20,000 miles on my Prius C/Three
    Fuelly says 54.2 MPG overall over about 14 months. That includes Chicago winters. On a nice day I can get nearly 70MPG on my 25 mile commute (80% highway miles).

4. MoarMPGplz

MoarMPGplz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    My initial dealership tank was not that great...45 MPG, back in August last year. Almost 15K miles later, I'm averaging 56.5 MPG, which includes the winter driving as well. I grill-blocked during the winter months so I was able to keep my monthly average MPG's in the 50's for the most part. There were still a few tanks where it dropped into the mid to upper 40's when it got really cold and windy, but was able to offset those with tanks that topped out in the mid to upper 50's when we got a warm spell...warm, in this case means temps in the 60's instead of the 40's during the day. Daily round-trip commute of roughly 63 miles averages about 57-62 MPG, depending on weather conditions...