1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blackberry Bold will not release BT when car is turned off

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by DBS, Jan 31, 2012.

1. DBS

DBS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I have a Verizon Blackberry Bold and a Prius v III. Sometime when I turn off the car the BT blue light stays on and I can not shut the BT off on the phone. I have to pull the battery for a hard reset. Anyone else seen this before and have you fixed it? Thanks. Don

2. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Unfortunately, that is more of a Blackberry software issue than it is a car issue, I believe. The only thing I could suggest is maybe try turning off the Bluetooth before you turn the car off and see if that handles differently. I know it is not exactly the best way to handle it, but I don't believe the Blackberry is handling a lost bluetooth connection properly and gets stuck like that.

I would check on one of the Blackberry forums and ask them about it.

3. DBS

DBS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Verizon had an update for the Blackberry which I installed. This fixed this issue. Happy user now.

4. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah, I figured as much. :)

RIM sometimes has little issues like that. I know with my Xoom Tablet, as an example, some of the apps tend to do weird things too, but it isn't necessarily related to what it is connected to at times.