1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth audio from iphone on prius 2010 model

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Dundrinu, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Dundrinu

Dundrinu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    i'm new to this forum and moreover new owner of a 2nd hand prius 2010 t4, so please be patient and kind :)
    My prius is without nav, so do i understand correctly that bluetooth audio is not available on my model? I tried to follow the phone setup options but did not get an audio pairing option.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

2. CeeJayNorth

CeeJayNorth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I also have a 2010 without Nav. I had no problem pairing with my iPhone. However, it only works as handsfree, it will not stream music. If you want to stream music then you have to either use the aux connection in the center console or purchase an aftermarket bluetooth adapter.

Dundrinu likes this.
  3. denovo

denovo '02 Prius 240K

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    The 2013 without Nav IS able to stream music... Maybe the newer display is the differentiating factor?

4. Stratman

Stratman Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Seems the term "Nav", to a prius service person means touch screen whether it actually has the navagation system installed or not. I learned that this afternoon when I got a quote to install an OEM backup camera. He asked if I had the Nav installed and I said no. He then said I would need a whole new HU. I said I thought it was plug and play with the touch screen and he said that's what he meant, did it have a touch screen.

I play pandora through the Bluetooth connection on occasion so yes it does sync up and work fine. I generally play CD's or FM radio. I can only tolerate mp3's for a short while before my brain tires and has me wanting to toss my phone out the window.

5. 04priusnow

04priusnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My 2010 prius III had hands free no music steaming over Bluetooth is it possible to change the audio volume when using the hands free? Mine is super loud and the stereo volume knob has no affect ..it's so loud that i think i damaged the speakers on the dash.... Phones volume is all the way down....

LG-LS980 ?

6. CeeJayNorth

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    While using hands free you can use the volume controls on the steering wheel to change the volume of your phone.

7. 04priusnow

04priusnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The volume on my phone is as low as it can go buy the front speakers are blaring.. It's the updated jbl radio that can control the volume at the headunit?

LG-LS980 ?

8. CeeJayNorth

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That could be. I have the JBL upgraded sound system in my 2010.