1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth audio starts as soon as phone is connected.

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by kfh227, Feb 14, 2014.

1. kfh227

kfh227 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I noticed that there are threads on this but the ones I saw were all 6+ months old.

When I connect a phone to my wife's Prius it pairs easily enough. The problem is, each time i start the car, it finds the phone and decides to tell the phone to start streaming music.

This seems to be a known issue. Is there a fix for it? Can I download new firmware? How do I check my firmware version? Why does the Entune site suck so much that I have to register with my vehicle's VIN? I just want a download link so I can throw the software onto a USB stick and get it upgraded if that is the fix!

Anyway, can someone shed some light n this issue and it's current status?

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Why not select the Source you prefer? Or turn off BT on the phone?

3. kfh227

kfh227 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I can get into the car. The FM radio station I last had on will start playing. Then my phone connects via bluetooth and when that happens, the car radio requests that het phone start playing music. It is VERY annoying. It should just stay on FM radio.

Of course I have to change the source. That doesn't fix the problem. The problem is the car. It should behave like every other single car out there does. I have Ford Sync to and this problem makes Ford Sync look wonderfull.

Why would I turn off bluetooth? The whole point is to have hands free calling with the car. That's like asking why should I use the GPS that came with the car when I can use a paper map. The answer is because I paid for it to work on my phone and in my car.

4. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
  5. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

So, have it your way. Try update 3.2.0. Good luck.

6. skying001

skying001 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Never happe to my Prius, but seems there are some people in other forums also have this problem.