1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth duel call????????.....HELP

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mike Baker, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Mike Baker

Mike Baker New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    OK, heres the story, I bought an 07 pkg#6 last month. Two week ago I bought a new cell phone and had it paired to the car, a Verizon Chocolate and it works fine. Today, while taking a call, a friend called and the bluetooth took the second call. Now I had two callers on the line at the same time. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix for it?:(

2. davidtm

davidtm Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, this could be a REAL problem, especially when your wife calls while your chatting away with your GF!! :pound:

Sorry, but I've not encountered that problem, so I have no answer.

3. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I would check your Verizon phone first. BT does not pick up the call. It is your phone that picks up the call and sends it thru BT. Something like "auto pickup" under call waiting setting may be too blame here. BT is just a wireless communication channel. It makes no decision AFAIK.

4. Mike Baker

Mike Baker New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks all, it was the phone. I had the cell phone set on "auto answer" Dah

5. Bear68

Bear68 Member

We have seen quite a few people who have a similar Bluetooth issue. With a call in progress, a second incoming call causes both calls to be dropped. We recommend that customers who encounter this often turn off thir call waiting feature on the phone. The most likely sounding cause of this that we can determine is that because Bluetooth in the car uses a more integrated system than a simple headset, it can only handle one call at a time. Trying to handle two at once results in dropping both.

If any body has any more info, I would love to hear from you....