1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth for the cell phone suddenly stopped working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by njsteve, Oct 10, 2009.

1. njsteve

njsteve New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2009 Prius with Bluetooth that enables the cell phone to operate handsfree via the audio system. This feature has worked flawlessly since I got the car in May 2009. The other day, however, I hit a glitch. The Bluetooth worked for an incoming call. I completed that call and about three minutes later another call came in but the Bluetooth didn't work. The cell phone rang by itself. It was no longer connected to the Bluetooth. I was able to reconnect and since then it's worked without a problem. But I'm mystified as to why this happened. I'm also trying to find out how to prevent this from happening in the future. Any ideas?

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    1) Delete the phone pairing and then re-pair it.

2) Reset the phone.

3) Try pairing another phone.

Tom

3. nettibel

nettibel New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have the same problem! I have deleted the phone several times, and it works for a bit, then suddenly is no longer recognized. It's an iPhone 3G, if that makes a difference. Help! It's worked just fine for two years!