1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth & iPhone4

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Livi, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Livi

Livi New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The bluetooth on my 2011 PriusII is not pairing with my iphone4. Anyone else getting the same thing?

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Is the model in your user info set correctly? If so, the model II (Two) doesn't have Bluetooth.

3. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Do a search on bluetooth phone compatables. There's a couple threads on PC about various phone pairing problems. As the OP said, the Prius II does not offer bluetooth.

4. Livi

Livi New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ya this was installed by the dealer. I blame it on Apple. Hardly anything works with the iPhone 4.

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What did they install? The factory supplied Bluetooth support that's part of the nav system on my 06 Prius worked fine w/my iPhone 3G and works fine w/my iPhone 4.

There are limitations though...

6. Spenumatsa

Spenumatsa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Not so fast..I have the iPhone 4 and it works seamlessly on my 2010 Prius. Dont blame Apple when you cannot figure out how to get it work. Even my wife's Samsung phone works on Bluetooth in my Prius.

7. Livi

Livi New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    No trust me. I know how to work an iPhone and a Bluetooth. I got it to hook up with my blackberry.

I got the 2011 Prius II. The bluetooth button is under the engine start button and not on the steering wheel like usual.

I gotta blame it on Apple because before I bought my Prius (3 weeks ago), I bought a BluAnt (very popular brand) and the iPhone can't connect to that. I also bought another one that's for the ear (a year ago) and my iPhone 3G couldn't connect either. 3 different brands of bluetooth, 1 type of brand (Apple), and nothing.

8. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We're unclear on what the dealer installed since 3rd gen Prius model II doesn't come w/Bluetooth. User error? Apple has directions at http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1664.

FWIW, I've successfully paired and used my iPhone 4 w/my these Bluetooth headsets: Jawbone Prime and two different el-cheapo almost no-name ones (Wireless Gear brand and another that just says "PHS-3") along w/these BT stereo headphones: a Jabra BT620s (I believe) and Motorola HT820 in addition to BT built into my 06 Prius. My iPhone 3G worked w/all of these too, in addition to a Lexus HS 250h.

9. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    BlueTooth is not a mature technology that will "just work" with any pairing. Much like the initial HDMI.

I suggest removing all the existing pairings (from both the phone & the car) and trying afresh.

10. mariel

mariel New Member

Vehicle:
    1998 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    IPhone 4 doesn't allow reasonable range and other issues with bluetooth headset. Fyi, tried with Apple Bluetooth headset which worked perfectly with IPhone 3G & IPhone 3G-S. Issue, you can have IPhone 4 in shirt or pant pocket and bluetooth will disconnect. Also, you can have IPhone 4 inside car and close the door while standing right outside the door and bluetooth disconnects. This never happened with previous models including IPhone 3G-S with IOS 4 installed. Other bluetooth issues: as others reported - muffled sound quality to person your talking to. Time delays and disconnects with bluetooth Uconnect. IPhone 4 won't let you change between your car audio phone feature back to IPhone 4 without freezing.

11. reverai

reverai New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As far as I know , the iPhone 4 works fine with the 3G Prius. I've set up two of my friends with ATT iPhones and their Prii.

12. markfheil

markfheil New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm not sure about that. I use bluetooth to listen to audio from my iPhone 4. It stays connected until I'm a good 10-15 ft away from the car.