1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth navigation issue

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by jejb, Oct 7, 2014.

1. jejb

jejb Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    I have an odd issue, and I'd like to know if it's normal or not. I have a Samsung S5 with the latest level of Android on it, and the Entune app installed. My Prius v is updated to 3.2 level software. The phone and car are sycn'd on Bluetooth and the phone, music, weather, etc all work fine.

But when I'm navigating using the phone's Google Maps app, the phone goes silent in the car for directions. I found that if I disconnect the phone for music, the phone will start voice prompting again. Or if I turn the car radio source to Bluetooth and leave it connected for music, I get the directions through the stereo. But if I just have music playing from the CD player or USB, and I have the phone connected for music, I get nothing.

Does anyone else see that behavior? Is there a fix?

2. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Don't connect your phone for "music" (i.e. Media) when using Google maps. Your phone has only two Bluetooth profiles - phone and media - and doesn't have a separate profile for Google maps.

3. jejb

jejb Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Yeah, I guess that's what I'll have to do. But I was wondering if anyone else was seeing the same issue.

Since the update to the radio, I've also noticed the CD player doesn't display the track names on the display anymore. They show up on my computer and other cars.