1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Phone Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by katozo, Mar 11, 2012.

1. katozo

katozo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have a Prius v which I love. However, I'm having a problem with the Bluetooth phone connection to my verizon VN530 phone. I can get the car and phone to pair and my phone list downloaded. The problem is that the phone and car don't stay connected. I have to constantly reconnect my phone and car's bluetooth. This is VERY annoying! Anyone else having this problem?:confused:

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I had trouble with a verizon phone also. Had to factory reset the phone which will erase the contacts. So use verizon's backup assistant first to save the contacts online then factory reset. Delete the Vee's pairing and start over from scratch. I believe it is a Vee problem as my older Prius never had this issue with the same phone.

1 person likes this.
  3. DLHDMRH

DLHDMRH Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    My wife and I have been having the same problem with our 2012 gen 3 w/pkg.4. Our phones are new Droid Razr's that we just purchased from Verizon Christmas 2011 and we just got our Prius the 3rd week of February 2012. So you would think that the technology would have caught up with the phone and car. So if anyone has any positive suggestions, we are listening........so to speak!!!!!! As for the first 1200 miles, we are getting consistant mid to upper 50's as mpg.

4. blmoore

blmoore Threadfinder

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm having a similar problem connecting with my PiP - bluetooth worked fine on 2007 Prius - connected initially with the Pip, then disconnected and won't recognize the phone again. Suggestions?

5. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2010 Prius Hatchback and never had a problem with my Verizon LG phone for over two years. I recently upgraded my work phone to a Pantech Hotshot and now have an intermittent connection problem. It will connect maybe 9 times out of 10 and then I have to reset the Bluetooth on the phone to get it to reconnect.

I recently upgraded the Nav to the latest 11.1 software disk. It was a few months after doing this before I upgraded the phone. The older LG never had this issue.

6. LindaMWS

LindaMWS New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Exactly! My 2008 Prius had a seamless connection with my Verizon phone. Same phone, different car (v now) and it doesn't connect. I thought i was going crazy! Thanks!

7. LindaMWS

LindaMWS New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Mid-to-upper 50's mpg? On a v? I am approaching 2000 miles now and can only get 44. What type of driving are you doing? I love my v too. I only drive in eco mode...thanks!

8. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    If I read the quote right they have the hatchback which I believe s easier to stay at an above 50. I think you're doing great at 44. :)
    W

9. Steven Falk

Steven Falk New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2007 Prius and we got a new verizon phone. The bluetooth intermittently does not connect. Don't know if it is the phone or the car. Didn't happen with my old verizon flip phone.

10. cdrom

cdrom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I'm a new Prius v type 3 owner, as of this last Tuesday and of course think the car is great, previously had a Gen III with 202k miles, so love prii. That said I too have thought something was wrong with my iPhone4 and it's ability to stay connected with vehicle, it drops constantly. Added to my frustration is lack of knowledge about why when using Entune it keeps saying it can't make internet connection. This MSG keeps coming up for gas stations and other icons. Any suggestions?

11. GerryL

GerryL Master Model Railroader

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Can't specifically help you since I'm an Android guy, but I noticed the same thing with my Galaxy IIs. Suddenly "no internet connection." The only way I found to fix that was to completely shut off the phone and re-start it. That seemed to work, although, truthfully, I don't use the Entune functions all that often to notice.