1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth won't disconnect

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by joerockt, Mar 4, 2013.

1. joerockt

joerockt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just got my Prius III last week and I've noticed that every time I leave the car, the bluetooth on my phone shows its still connected, even though the car is off and I'm no where near it. What's worse is that when I return to the car, it doesn't reconnect. So I'm not sure if its the phone or the car. I had bluetooth in my Tacoma for years and it worked fine, so it has to have something to do with the car. Its a Droid 4. Has anyone else experienced this? Did a quick search but didn't find anything.

2. joerockt

joerockt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well this sucks, guess its just me.

3. Willco Electronics

Willco Electronics Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I think it's the phone I connect my ipad and my cheap, $30 virgin mobile phone with no problems. They disconnect when the car is off and the virgin mobile phone beeps when the car is turned off. For me it's a warning to take the phone with me when I leave the car.

4. joerockt

joerockt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I deleted the paring and re paired and it seems to be functioning ok now. I think the issue might have been the fact that I also paired my wife's phone and when we were both in the car it seemed to have got confused.

5. Tomyduece

Tomyduece New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    No its not just you. I have a NOTE 2 and I am experiencing the same problem. I will give repairing a try...

6. 14T shelley

14T shelley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Not just you. What version of the droid do you have? My wife & I both have android version 4.1.2 and they DON'T WORK in a Prius! We have been to the dealer several times, replaced the phone under warrantee twice and repaced the bluetooth hardware in the car. A Toyota "roving tech" looked at it and went away mumbling to himself. My wife has been in contact with Motorola support with no resolution.
    By the way its through Verizon and I believe the phones are using "jellybean".

7. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    My Samsung S-3 works perfectly, also Verizon, also Android 4.1.2. Switches back and forth between car and Bluetooth headset very smoothly.

8. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Did you try resetting the phone by removing the battery? Next time before getting into the car reset the phone this way, it should kill all the background running apps on the phone. make sure BT s turn on. Try that and see if your problem goes away.

Are you running SW 2.2.0 on your DA and Entune Navi system?

9. 14T shelley

14T shelley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes the phones have had a "hard" reset and by the way on the droid razr the battery is NOT removable. We have been through 3 phones so far and we are under contract so we have no desire to spend big bucks to buy a different phone.
    What is SW2.2.0 and what is DA? We are not using the en-tune feature and we have not yet used navigation as it cannot locate our home (we live in rural Calif about 10 miles from town. Our 8 yo Garmin shows the road we live off of but Toyota navigation does not show it) The only nice feature of a level three is the solar sunroof. the electronics in the upgraded radio do NOT live up to the promises and In my view give the car as a whole a black eye.

10. tach18k

tach18k Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    On my iPhone 4s, I turn on the BT and it connects fine. I can move about the the car and get gas and what not and the BT stays connected, If I leave to go else where, my phone will still have BT on even though it is not connected to any device, BT is either on or off. When my car starts it looks for the BT connection agian. if it finds it, it connects, if it doesnt the display will tell you.

11. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    sorry I meant "Display Audio with Navigation and Entune".

with regards to the missing street, if a 8yr old Map in your Garmin does you should call toyota.
    iirc Garmin and Display Audio and Nav system uses the maps provided by Navteq.

12. joerockt

joerockt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've actually had quite a few issues since starting this thread:
    • Every time I start the car, audio comes on from the last place, then after about 10 seconds, turns off with an "Audio Off" screen all by itself, like I had pressed the power button. When I turn it back on, it goes back to a specific FM station on my preset every time.
    • Pandora streaming is hit and miss. Either wont connect, wont detect an internet connect, gets stuck on buffering, or will randomly disconnect saying it cant find an internet connection, when I most certinaly do on the phone, full bars.
    • Occasionally says the Entune service isnt running on my phone when using Pandora.
    The whole system is just complete shit. Now I know why I go aftermarket most of the time. Shouldn't have wasted money on the navi.