1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BMW using Mini brand to spearhead electric-vehicle trials

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Steve321, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Steve321

Steve321 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    BMW will build a limited run of 500 all-electric Minis later this year, designed to meet new Californian regulations that will require carmakers selling cars in the state to offer a number of zero emission vehicles. The cars will also be used to carry out various tests on electrically powered vehicles to determine the alternative drive of the future, and possibly lead to the first volume production of all-electric BMW cars.

2. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Awesome!!!! I love the Mini cars! The gas versions are fuel efficient yet they have power if you need it. And, they are small and nimble!

3. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Fuel efficient?

With an automatic the standard is rated at 29 combined and the super at 26. And, both require premium fuel.

4. sorthund

sorthund New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I don't see MINIs as fuel efficient either. We have the S model, live in a very hilly area so we only get 22 MPG. However, I do think my husband could do better, but it's hard not to drive that car "spirited", they handle like go-karts.