1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bought a pre-owned Gen2

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ZiggyM, Jun 18, 2014.

1. ZiggyM

ZiggyM Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Just got my Pre-owned Gen2 (05) Prius Base yesterday.
    I'm definitely liking it so far. Despite having 159k+ miles it still drives very well. Though not as well as my brother's Gen3 ('10). The dealer said the car just had a new battery pack installed and a new set of tires on 15" alloys (showed me the work order for it). Engine bay looked thoroughly clean.

It doesn't feel like I'm getting a lot of mpg but the mileage monitor is showing I'm supposedly getting between 40-55. I'll have to really monitor it manually on my next fill up.

My only gripe is the audio system. It doesn't sound bad, in fact it sound as good, if not better than my old car. And that car had RF speakers. The car only has a cd player. I just have to make plans to replacement with an infotainment system.
    06 Sentra for the 05 Prius.
    [​IMG]

2. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    First of all, congratulations and welcome to the Prius community. IMO, a great step up from the Nissan.

I also own an 05 with over 150,000 miles and mine runs and drives very well. It doesn't look like you have a base model because you have foglights. What other options do you have? Do you have smartkey? Bluetooth?

3. ZiggyM

ZiggyM Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    The dealer said it was a base model.
    I do have smart key but no bluetooth.
    It also has HID headlights, I don't know if that was standard or an option back then.

Chief, are you still in the Navy?

4. usnavystgc

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Nope, retired in 09 (STGCS(SW)).

If you have smart key and HID's as well as foglights, you don't have a base model but who knows what it is (maybe one step up from base). Either way, enjoy.

5. ZiggyM

ZiggyM Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    It was probably just an a la carte upgrades from whatever model this is.
    I'm enjoying it as is, though I'm sure I'll be upgrading some things along the way.
    Thanks Senior Chief.
    HM3 out since 05.

usnavystgc likes this.
  6. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    With the fog lights and HIDs, it has to be a package 4 or 6 for 2005. If it has the single-disk CD player, it's a 4.

The exterior color is pretty rare--only available in the first few years of the 2nd gen--Tideland Pearl.

If you do manual fuel economy calculations at the pump, do several and average them. The fuel tank is a flexible bladder that changes capacity quite a bit.

You can bring up the brochure at Toyota Reference if you want to learn more about what your car has.

Toyota Prius Touchup Paint Codes, Image Galleries, Brochure and TV Commercial Archives

On the right, under the colors, is the brochure archive. Click on 2005 and the red "view" button.

Enjoy the Pri!

ZiggyM likes this.
  7. ZiggyM

ZiggyM Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Looks like it's a package 4 then.
    Thanks!

8. usnavystgc

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thank you for your service.