1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake Actuator Warranty Until Dec 2017

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by prius200588, Jul 30, 2016.

1. prius200588

prius200588 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I want to share information that I recently discovered. Perhaps you have heard about it - perhaps not. IMO, it is a fantastic warranty program from Toyota whereby the 669,700 GenII Prius car produced are covered on a warranty program for a failing brake actuator assembly until 31 Dec 2017 - regardless of mileage.

I have an 11 year old Prius (2005) with a quarter million miles on it. Recently, while driving on the Interstate, my brake pedal went limp to the floor. I had 3 warning lights on the dash dealing with the brake system. My local Prius guy said I needed to replace the brake actuator assembly, due to having codes C1377, C1390, C1256, and C1252. The part was $1750 and the labor was $450....plus tax and shop fees, I was looking at about $2400 for this repair. The entire car is worth only slightly more than this.

Thanks to a few PriusChat pals, I was advised to look into this warranty program. Bottom line: my Prius is currently at the dealership getting $2400 worth of repairs and I will have to pay nothing!

So, if you have a GenII Prius with 1 to 3 brake warning lights on the dash, and you're hearing strange noises, clicking and/or whining, go to GOOGLE and type "Toyota Warranty Enhancement Program ZG1".

Hope this information helps a bunch of you guys.

TIM.

Dino33ca and bisco like this.
  2. ILuvMyPriusToo

ILuvMyPriusToo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Glad that worked out for you!