1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake Makes Loud Squeaking Noise in the morning

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by krishtina1226, Aug 26, 2016.

1. krishtina1226

krishtina1226 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hello Everyone!!

I was just wondering if anyone here ever experience loud squeaking noise when braking when the car is just sitting in the garage overnight raining or even when driving in the rain? I asked my dealer but they are insisting that it is normal and that there is nothing wrong with my brake pads or anything that has anything to do with brakes. It usually never happens when it is hot and dry outside. It is really annoying and sometimes i don't even wanna drive my car when it starts raining. My Prius C is only 3 years old (2013 prius c 2) Please anybody here experiencing the same thing?

2. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    In my experience, I have had new brakes installed that squeak. Not on my Prius C but my Toyota Corolla. I felt exactly the same as you and worried because I never heard squeaking before and they would tell me that because of new brake pads, overtime it will disappear.

And eventually after driving, the loud squeaks disappeared.

But I noticed that with each different types of pads used, sometimes I get squeaking, sometimes I don't.

I'm not a mechanic, but I got the same answer as you and never had anything bad go wrong with my vehicle.

I would worry more if you hear grinding or you notice your brake going all the way down while pressing (which a company that installed new shocks put the brake cable wrong and it sliced my brake line).