1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Browse songs on mp3 player without changing current song?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by going red baby!, Mar 16, 2010.

1. going red baby!

going red baby! still a n00b

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have the Nav/Solar package with the standard audio system that comes with it.

Is there a way to keep listening to the current song and browse through the other songs on your mp3 player that is playing the current song?

I find it extremely annoying that when I'm listening to something and want to go find another song/artist that when I scroll down the page of artists it starts playing the song of the artist that ends up on the top of the display after the scroll. Why on earth would it do that? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I haven't found any settings to change this, nor any mention of it in the manual.

Also, I hate hearing the beeps when making song selections, etc... any way to turn those off?

2. octavia

octavia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I agree 100% with your evaluation. Same problem, same level of totally annoyed with it. Sorry I don't have any answers.

3. going red baby!

going red baby! still a n00b

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well misery does love company. :)

My stereo is playing songs I did not select. I consider this a flaw and I am going to complain about it. So there. :p

4. blubrid

blubrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ditto on your issue with the MP3 browsing, and ditto on the incredible annoyance.

I try to keep it in perspective, however. With my Gen II Prius, playing my iPod involved hooking it to one of those FM transmitter thingies and trying (and usually failing) to find an open frequency.

I mean, it's not like there are very many FM stations between Washington DC and Boston :).

5. jayvee

jayvee Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Setup -> General -> selection #2 will turn on/off the "beep".

1 person likes this.