1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

California Central Valley Tint Shops - Who's the Best?

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by whitepriusv, May 9, 2014.

1. whitepriusv

whitepriusv New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I think I'd like to go with the light 70-80% VLT ceramic or crystalline films to keep the interior cooler on long drives. Fifteen % looks great, but as my wife's and my eyes have started to go downhill, night driving has started to get a little sketchy, so we think the lighter the better. But with the premium these films seem to go for I'd like a reputable and experienced installer to to perform the work.

Who/what are some of your favorites shops from Stockton to Fresno and from Modesto to Dublin? I'll even travel to Gilroy/Morgan Hill/South San Jose, too.

Thanks in advance. I'm digging this site.

2. alz

alz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm also looking for some leads with tinting to cut down on sheer heat generated in the car by the sun... and it's not even summer yet! I'm in the Bay area as well.

3. gaffman

gaffman New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am trying "A House of Tint" in Visalia for clear bra this morning. They also do window tint. They have a contract to do Tesla tint--something about the Tesla windows is special. I'll post how it went.

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I've truly found the best in the central valley. The best is the CA highway patrol ... for pulling you over and writing you up for a fix it ticket - forcing you to remove it from the front windows, even though we went pretty light on the front window tint. But ... being the true crime busters that they are - that's apparently how they roll. Funny thing was, I saw the chippy come after me & it was right after a mini van BLEW by him easily doing 85-90mph. I said, "I thought you were going to just pass me and go after the mini van when you came speeding up behind me. He says, 'Yea, I like to mix it up now & then'. Gotta love the CHP.

5. P&T PRIUS

P&T PRIUS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I am in the Fresno area, I have used Tint Pros in Fresno. tintpros.com they have been good to me, and are cheaper in the area. if you pay cash then make them an offer.

6. robinfresno

robinfresno Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    US Tint/Shadow Enterprises in Fresno... they are authorized dealers of the FormulaOne Pinnacle Series tint... the best i've found

7. richardr247

richardr247 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    "I am trying "A House of Tint" in Visalia for clear bra this morning. They also do window tint. They have a contract to do Tesla tint--something about the Tesla windows is special. I'll post how it went.[/QUOTE]

Hey gaffman,
    Did you get the clear bra put on yet? Post some pictures please. I'm looking to do the same, Thanks