1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

California Clean Vehicle Rebate Approved

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by ely105, Mar 2, 2012.

1. ely105

ely105 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    FWIW - I applied yesterday afternoon for the $1500 CA rebate (cvrp) and got an approval email today. I have to mail in some documentation and wait for the actual processing, but good turnaround on approval. And it says that when it's approved, the $$ are allocated so you can't get sniped. :)

It clearly states that you cannot apply for the rebate before you purchase/pickup the car. Also others have mentioned that leasing isn't an option for the rebate.

Now, if I have it right, the Federal rebate is in the form of a tax credit, yes? So I can't apply for that until I complete my 2012 taxes next year?

-mark

2. OilFreedom

OilFreedom New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's correct. This is how it worked for my Leaf purchase too. Congrats on your new car!

Edit: See also the posting by inventor00: http://priuschat.com/forums/toyota-...in-port-long-beach-my-order-number-168-a.html.

1 person likes this.
  3. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    When you get the sticker, please post a pic of it on your bumper. :)

NY Clean Pass stickers are sort of green already. It has the number on it too. Let's see if you get #1.

[​IMG]

4. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I sent in my HOV sticker application yesterday. Dianne got me my license plates in about 48 hours. I don't know how, but she did it.

Thanks Dianne!

1 person likes this.
  5. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    +1 :) I filled out the online form on Wednesday and got the confirmation e-mail Thursday morning.

6. ely105

ely105 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    My Dealer here in Norcal doesn't seem to have the Magic Genie lamp so i'll take mine a while longer.

7. LurkAzusa

LurkAzusa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

Wow, I really wish California had this design. That would look much better on my Clearwater Blue, than that ugly green thing.

8. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well, I have a black Prius so neither would work for me. hahaha.

9. elmofongo

elmofongo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    But do you have to have the license plate in hand?

10. LurkAzusa

LurkAzusa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    No,

Proof of temporary or permanent vehicle registration. A copy of the Application for New Vehicle Registration submitted by the dealer to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is acceptable proof of temporary vehicle registration if submitted within one year of sale.

A copy of the sales or lease contract signed by all parties with an itemization of credits, discounts and incentives received, if applicable.

For individuals, a copy of a utility or cable bill from within the last 3 months or other valid form of California residency. Other forms of valid proof include a signed, dated, and notarized rental agreement or a copy of a current DMV registration. A California driver license is not an acceptable proof of residency.

11. ely105

ely105 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    To clarify, LurkAzusa's post is showing the requirements for the California Clean Air Rebate. You don't need any license plates for getting this rebate. Now, the Green HOV sticker, on the other hand, seems to require proper title recorded and potentially license plates assigned (ie recorded but not necessarily in hand).

12. ca_gary

ca_gary Dazed & Confused

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    But if the Ca green HOV sticker is still pending Fed approval, what's the point of applying for them? You won't get anything I assume.

13. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    So that after they are approved you will get them sooner than applying for them after they are approved.

14. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Re: the copy of the dealer application for registration and the sales contract: are these things that you have to ask the dealer for beyond the pile of paper you already get? I could make a photocopy of my signed copy of the sales contract: is that what they want?? Do I normally even get a copy of their application for registration?

This has the potential for the nit-picking denials that are common for ordinary consumer rebates.

15. LurkAzusa

LurkAzusa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The temporary registration is that piece of paper they tape to the front windshield.

16. ely105

ely105 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Those were all included in the pile of paperwork I got. They also gave me a copy of the DMV title application. So you should/will have everything you need.