1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

can anyone let me know?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by John Hawke, Mar 3, 2015.

1. John Hawke

John Hawke New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How do i change my 2006 prius sedan language from Japanese to English
    Regards
    John

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    My guess is it requires a parts change from the dealer, but it could be on the MFD display screen as shown in the attached excerpt from the book in the glove box. The pages I have included are from a 2008 which may or may not be the same as the 2006 and don't show Japanese as a language option. Both are the same generation. I would think Japanese was not sold in the US but since you did not put your location in your profile or the question, it's only a guess.

Attached Files:

3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Moved to the appropriate Gen 2 forum.

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    OP is probably from NZ/Australia or UK since those are among the countries with RHD vehicles and Japan domestic market used vehicles are sometimes imported into those countries. As previously stated, it is probably required to replace the MFD at minimum. There would be low demand in the JDM to select any languages besides Japanese.