1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I load multiple addresses into nav before leaving home and later delete unnecessary ones?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by KarateLois, Jul 12, 2013.

1. KarateLois

KarateLois New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I am a Realtor and I just purchased a Certified pre-owned 2010 Prius with navigation. As a Realtor I often have to go to a series of unfamiliar addresses one after the other in a day. Can I input all of the addresses before leaving home and call them up one at a time as I need them? And once I've finished my day can I delete just the addresses that I no longer need? If the answers are yes, can you advise me how to complete each part? Thanks!

2. bathala

bathala Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    You can do the add and deletion from your phone instead and sync it to your car in the morning and at night. Hope this helps.

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    On the 2010 you cannot sync from phone. You can enter new destinations and then delete. They are saved under Previous Destinations and can be retrieved for late use. You can save multiple destinations.

4. KarateLois

KarateLois New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thank you...As I was searching the manual for 'previous destinations' which you mentioned, I found just above it 'preset destinations.' It explains how to preset and save destinations...just what I needed. I just have to get used to the Prius jargon so I know what to look up. Thanks for your help.
    From what I see this old nav system is lacking because I am used to Google Maps on my phone which is live by satellite and has traffic info, the newest construction, etc, but I think it will work well enough for me once I master it. I only wish the update DVD wasn't so horribly expensive. I often need to find new construction and it will never be in this system. I guess I can always check it out on my phone and input the approximate location in the car instead of spending over a hundred dollars for an update :eek: .

5. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The Toyota Nav maps will always be 2-3years behind new construction like most auto makers. Unless your 2010 has been updated it is probably the 2008 or 2009 version. You can tell by the revision number, ie. 9.1 will be for 2009.

I updated mine in 2011 and it had most of the new roads and neighborhoods that I needed but I am not a realtor.

Yes $169 was expensive but I like the convenience of the built-in unit and it works just fine for me. It is not very intuitive but once you learn how to configure it to match your needs it works well. It will never match Goole Maps though.

6. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Uh, er... you won't understand lost until the prii nav takes you there, get a Garmin Nuvi and sync it with your phone;)

7. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes you can. Press map, press destination on lower right corner, press my destination go to stored section, input destination, save it and NAME it or your saved address will not show in the stored section/My destination folder. Repeat procedure to add more addresses.