1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can the display audio with Nav unit be upgraded?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tkrishnan, Sep 15, 2012.

1. tkrishnan

tkrishnan New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought a 2012 plug-in prius base model this evening!! I love the car but the display audio with Nav unit sucks big time in my opinion. Questions:

1) Is it possible to upgrade this to the premuim HDD nav unit? If yes, then what is the unit cost, how much to install? What features will be disabled since the car is not the advanced trim?

2) I am also planning to upgrade the speakers. How much should I expect to spend including speakers and install? I traded in a Mercedes E350 with Harmon Kardon audio and so that is my quality benchmark. A speaker upgrade to something equivalent is what I have in mind.

2. Kutanks

Kutanks Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a gen 2 but I have about $1000 into my sound system and it blows my dads 2010 with NBL out of the water. I did install all the components myself the labor would have been about 400-500 bucks.

Nexus 7 ? 2