1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canadian 2011 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by energyandair, Dec 28, 2010.

1. energyandair

energyandair Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    The 2011 Prius is now up on the Toyota Canada web site. TOYOTA CANADA : Vehicles > 2011 Prius

I haven't seen any listing of exactly what is different and have not spent much time looking but the following items either caught my eye or have been picked up by others:
    1. Interior Colors
      1. Red and Sandy Beach have Bisque interiors
      2. All others have Dark Grey interiors
      3. No more Misty Grey interiors
    2. SKS (Smart Key System):
      1. Still drivers door only on Base model.
      2. The Premium and above show front Passenger door sensor as for 2010 but I don't see any mention of being able to also open the trunk as you can on the corresponding 2010 models. This would be quite an omission!
    3. SST (Smart Stop Technology):
      1. I Don't recall hearing anything about this before. I wonder if its very different from what the 2010 does? If so, no doubt it will be the subject of a lot of discussion. They say this:
      2. "Smart Stop Technology operates only in the event of certain simultaneous brake and gas pedal applications. When engaged, the system will reduce engine power to help the brakes bring the vehicle to a stop. Factors including speed, road conditions and driver input can all impact stopping distance. Smart Stop Technology is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving and does not guarantee instant stopping"
    Anyone notice anything else of note? I will add them as they come up

2. Tonic

Tonic New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No more Misty grey for Canada! Almost only dark grey for every color! Like blizzard no more available with bisque! Thats a shame!

The premium with solar roof is now the same price as the Touring and come now with the illuminated door sills just like my Touring!

3. Airbalancer

Airbalancer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The bisque only interoir was the reason I did not red

4. energyandair

energyandair Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Thanks Tonic,