1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canadian 2011 vs 2012, which one to buy?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ea8631, Jan 3, 2012.

1. ea8631

ea8631 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    I wish we have turn indicator in side mirror but we don't.

2. civicdriver06

civicdriver06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Sorry i thought you did !

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well Toyota does say (based on pricing elsewhere) that the HDD nav is really pricey compared to the DVD-based one (not sure why) so comparing all the stuff they took out (really some of that are just accessories like the bumper protector and the illuminated door sills that you can buy here on PC or at the dealer anyway). The HDD nav should perform faster than the DVD-based one that we have right now.

4. dhancock

dhancock 2 Prius Family

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I should hope so: the NAV on our 2011 Model 5 is much slower than the Nav on our 2007. (Though it seems pretty typical: the software engineers make the code more inefficient while the bean counters don't allow the system engineers to add more processing power).

5. Tonic

Tonic New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well just came back from Montreal Car Autoshow, and the 2 Prius that was there were even not 2012 model! How disapointing from Toyota!

6. ea8631

ea8631 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    yeah, same here when I see the photo from different source. I wonder did Detroit Auto Show has any 2012 model in there.

On the other hand, one of the dealer I vsited to last week call me that they have one 2012 base model landed in Vancouver sea port. They said it will arrive to their dealership as fast as 2 weeks from now.

7. sharol46

sharol46 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My salesman called last night, and my 2012 four is on land in the US awaiting train transport to Kansas. He thought maybe San Franscisco, but he didn't have that information. He says maybe 3 weeks to go.

Sharol

8. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  9. CLYFE

CLYFE New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, all of the 2012 Prius models are on display at Toyota's stand at the Detroit Auto Show (Gen III, Gen III PIH, V, C). The Gen III appeared to be a model 4 in Sea Glass with solar roof, nav, and the new "old school" looking 15" wheel covers. The update looks better in person than in photos. Though I only sat in it briefly, I was quite impressed with the Softex surfaces...the seats also felt very comfortable. Unfortunately I didn't get any photos...

I would suspect the full 2012 range will debut in Canada at the Toronto show in February.

1 person likes this.
  10. ea8631

ea8631 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    Just got my 2012 Technology packege and I love it so far. As for the equipment I would like to mention I do have Illuminated Vanity Mirrors and Rear bumper protector in my 2012 (sale brochure info mislead) but others still missing. I also didn't have the tray in the center console.

1 person likes this.
  11. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the update! It did sound silly at the time that TCI would remove something like that (usually reserved for Yaris/Corolla/Matrix and lower models of RAV4 and Camry). Thanks for the update!

I have mixed feelings about that tray. I like that it's there but I hate the fact that it's hinged (esp. after getting used to the fully removeable one in the Gen 2). If it's hinged, why not making it like our 2000 Corolla where the tray slides back as the console opens up.