1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can't link to Bluetooth, GPS REALLY SLOW

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by DrowningGirl, Jun 14, 2013.

1. DrowningGirl

DrowningGirl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just got a used 2010 Prius with Bluetooth and navigation. A few issues...

1) I can't link my phone to Bluetooth to play music. It's linked up to make phone calls and if the phone rings it automatically comes through to the car. If I try to connect to play music, it tries automatically to connect to my husbands phone, even when it is not in the car. We even deleted both phones and it still tries to link to my husbands phone. When I try to connect mine it says the connection couldn't be made.

2) The GPS entry buttons lag like crazy. I press one button and it lags so long that half the time I'm pressing another button think it should have moved on and instead of accepting my previous entry it recognizes the new one.so, I'm constantly going back and redoing things. This is also slow because the backspace and previous screen button also lag. I'm going to say each push takes several seconds so it takes ages to get anything entered. Half the time I can't even bother because I have a screaming toddler in the car, which makes the navigation almost useless to me.

3) The navigation locks you out when driving. I know this is a safety issue but I don't understand why I can't use it as a passenger when my husband is driving. It's really annoying to have to pull over every time we need to do something...which then takes ages due to the aforementioned lag. Is there a way around this?

So, any advice on how I can fix these issues? I'm sure I could take it to the dealer but I'm sort enough on time as it is these days and we can't afford to be without a car. Anything we can do on our own to get these issues fixed?

Thanks in advance!

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    When we bought my wife's 2010 Prius, an early model, I went shopping at a T-Mobil store to replace the old, non-blue tooth cell phone. The first one I tried would not connect but the second one did. I subsequently learned bluetooth from 2009 has various shadings and flavors. Sorry, that is pretty much what we have to live with.

As for GPS, I'm fonder of 3d party units, we use Garmins with a lot of success in our cars. However, the GPS built into a 3d party, review mirror works but the map files can't be updated.

Bob Wilson

3. CaliforniaBear

CaliforniaBear Clearwater Blue Metallic

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The GPS fix.
    [​IMG]

bwilson4web likes this.
  4. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1. Link BT to play music. Make sure your "audio" source is BT. BTW, it will be helpful too if you state the phone you are using.
    2. You may try resetting your or try erasing all the addresses in the Nav system. To reset, try this.

-Turn the Navigation system "On" and press the "Setup" button located on the right side of the unit.

- Select "General" from the top right side on the touchscreen[​IMG] menu.
    - Press the "Down" button to select "Delete Personal Data[​IMG]."
    - Select "Delete Personal Data" when prompted, touch "Yes" to confirm. All personal data is erased and the settings are set to factory default on the Toyota navigation system

3. Nav lock. You can buy a kit here at the priuschat store to bypass the Nav lock PriusChat Shop : Toyota Prius Navigation Speed Lock Override [Prius Override] - $90.00