1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can't order anymore 2007's?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by herkimer1976, Jun 5, 2007.

1. herkimer1976

herkimer1976 New Member

Hello, I have been searching high and low for a 2007 silver pine mica with package #6. I contacted a dozen different dealers and noone was able to find what I was looking for. I decided to go ahead and order it but the dealer told me that they are no longer able to order 2007 I have to wait until september when the 2008 models come out. I already had a price negotiated but this will of course change now. Does anyone have any idea what 2008 models are going to be selling for?

Thanks for your help.
    Michelle

2. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Silver Pine Mica is hard to find. When we bought ours about three months ago our dealer only had one in the thirty or so Prii that he had on the lot, so we bought it. I just checked their inventory and they don't have one in that color in stock, but two are shown in the available list. They both have package 4. Tulsa is not all that far from Huston if they have a car that you are interested in.

3. ranmandx

ranmandx Junior Member

I just put a deposit on an 07 prius in canada this afternoon. They are having an 07 B package come in that they are going to try and trade for a C package with Nav for me in magnetic grey hopefully. I'm wondering what is going on with the 08's i know the lease rates will be higher and not much else. if they are saying you need to order an 08 and wait 120 days for it let's have some details as to what the 08's come with. In canada we are paying WAY too much for the prius and our options are no where near as nice. No leather (which don't really care for anymore) and no xenon lights.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(michelle76 @ Jun 5 2007, 08:15 PM) [snapback]456115[/snapback]</div>

4. azgirl85379

azgirl85379 New Member

My advice is to ask another dealer. We had a dealer here in Phoenix try to tell us the same thing about package 5s. He said that they aren't making them any more. Well guess what? He was lying because he wanted to sell me something else. Everyone sold out of the package 5s last month and just had to wait for there shipments to come in this month.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(michelle76 @ Jun 5 2007, 07:15 PM) [snapback]456115[/snapback]</div>

5. herkimer1976

herkimer1976 New Member

Thank you guys I appreciate your help. I am definetly going to keep calling around to see if anyone can order a 2007 for me. I will let you know if I have any luck or if I find out any info on the 2008.

Michelle

6. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(michelle76 @ Jun 5 2007, 11:30 PM) [snapback]456278[/snapback]</div>
    try going to http://www.toyota.com and look at a few other dealers in your area, I find that smaller dealers are more likely to bend over backwards to make a deal even if they have to order it.

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    the 07 production run is coming to an end soon. they are getting 08 models already for some other cars- like the xB, for one. from how things sounded at SET, there weren't many left coming in at port. supposedly, the owner of the dealership where DH works is trying to get the remaining ones in the region.

8. nytimez

nytimez New Member

I think I just need to point out OP's fantastic choice of color.

9. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nytimez @ Jun 5 2007, 09:08 PM) [snapback]456304[/snapback]</div>
    I'll second this post. I must say as well I'm always kind of surprised to read people referring to silver pine mica as a "hard to find" or "stand out" or "unique" color. SPM Prii seem to be everywhere here in the Bay Area! And a good thing that - made acquiring one no problem. :)

10. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(moxiequz @ Jun 6 2007, 12:17 AM) [snapback]456343[/snapback]</div>

Of the 58 Prius autos shown on our dealers listing right now (10 in stock and the rest available in the pool), only two were silver pine mica. That translates to only one in 29 cars. Rather rare, I would say. When we bought ours the ratio was about the same and the only reason we got it was because the people that had spoken for it changed their minds at the last minute and went for seaside pearl. We came along a few minutes later and got it.

11. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I snagged a package 5 in Phoenix this a couple of weeks ago, which I picked up last Saturday. I would have preferred silver pine, but ended up with driftwood pearl, which was okay with me.

12. BexarWolf

BexarWolf New Member

Well, I thought I'd found you one in Round Rock (north of Austin) at Classic Toyota where we got our '07. It's the right color but a package #3.

13. GoEco

GoEco Red Prii Rule

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just wanted to 2nd (or 3rd or 4th?) the suggestion to call around. The salesperson who I'd thought was trustworthy (we'd gone out and met with her, etc.) told me there were no red package 5's within 280 miles and then told me where they were 280 miles away. Same day I found one 30 minutes away. They also told me there were no tourings, and I found one of those at the same place as well.

14. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If you're looking for something in-stock, you can send every dealer in your area an email through the Toyota website.

That said, the 2008 models are supposed to have slightly improved fuel efficiency and a lot of other cool stuff I suspect. It wouldn't hurt to wait!

I don't know about the prices, but I'd assume they'd be very similar to the 2007 models.

15. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(michelle76 @ Jun 5 2007, 10:30 PM) [snapback]456278[/snapback]</div>
    Read through www.carbuyingtips.com.