1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can't roll down rear window from driver controls

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by dandelion28, Apr 18, 2014.

1. dandelion28

dandelion28 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Prius experts, I'm hoping you can help answer this question. I managed to scrape the passenger door (mostly just the paint) on my 2014 Prius. I got it back from the shop yesterday and just noticed that I can no longer roll down the right rear window using the controls from the driver's seat. I can still lower the left rear window from the driver's seat, but the only way to open the one on the right is to use the switch on that door.

Do you know what would cause this and how to fix it? I noticed that my clock was also wrong when I got the car back, which makes me think the battery got disconnected during the repair. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat! is that the door that was repainted, or was it the front passenger door? either way, it sounds like a trip back to the body shop is in order, they probably forgot to reattach a wire. all the best!(y)

3. dandelion28

dandelion28 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They repainted the whole side to make sure the color blendedl

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sure, they probably removed the inside door panels and something got disconnected. should be an easy fix.

dorunron likes this.
  5. dandelion28

dandelion28 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ok, thanks!

6. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You can bring it to the dealer to fix it under warranty. If for any reason you get a bill for it because of some repair done and wasn't done right, you can give the bill to the body shop. But I would let the body shop have a crack at it first.