1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can't Seem To Find My Combo

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Man In Black, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Man In Black

Man In Black Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hey guys, I'm kind of newer here and I have a question, I'm pretty specific in what I want but can't seem to find a Prius with what I want, here's the list below, is this possible?

Prius Liftback Model Five
    2011 model if possible, if not 2012
    LED headlights
    Foglights
    Solar Roof
    Navigation

The Five model comes with the LED headlights & foglights correct? Is the solar roof not available in the five?

2. g4_power

g4_power Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Solar roof is a gimmick. It's only there to run the ventilation fans

3. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Five has fog lights/led headlights. Solar roof is not avail on the Five, only on Three and Four. Not quite sure I agree it's a gimmick, as it is called a solar ventilation system. It does just that...ventilate using solar power. However, I wouldn't buy it solely for that feature, as it is not worth it to me. I would buy it for the sunroof and remote A/C features.

4. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was told when I bought my previous 2010 Prius IV, the reason the solar roof is not offered on the Liftback Five is due to the weight. The combo of wheels and other options would put it over the limit. Not sure if it's true......:cautious:

5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The solar roof option isn't available with the Five. Best you can do is get the Four with SR and upgrade the wheels and fogs. Install a HID kit or if money is no object, swap out the entire units for LED headlights.

This is correct.

6. Man In Black

Man In Black Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    OK, thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it. What's "SR"? Also, does anybody know what the Toyota dealer would charge to swap in the LED headlights?

7. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    SR = Solar Roof

LED headlights are $800 per unit plus more for the conversion. Add in the stealership's labor costs and it'll run you a cool $3000. A few members have swapped them out but they did it themselves or used an independent shop but they're still expensive.

8. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Rather than doing an LED headlight swap, try an HID headlight conversion. I did on my 2010 Prius for about $100 and an hour of my time. I got a kit from xexonsupply and there are other brands too. What I liked about my kit is it was complete, and I just followed the video demonstration.