1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can't Use Browser's "Back" Command on PriusChat

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Vincent, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Help! About a week ago, my browser (IE 6.0) stopped accepting the "Back" command to return to the previous PriusChat page. In the "View All New Posts" mode, I usually use "Back" to return to the search page I was on.

Now, after I read a new post, I can only return using "View All New Posts", then click to the page I was on, scroll to the post I just viewed, then continue reading. When I first start PriusChat to "View All New Posts" my cursor flashes about a dozen times and the "Back" drop down menu is "full".

This doesn't happen with other sites; do I have a wrong PC setting somewhere?

2. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I usually use FireFox, but I just tested that functionallity in IE and it's working for me, so I'm not sure what's going on. Have you tried clearing your IE temporary file cache?

Don't know if there's anything about this in the forum for website questions or not.

3. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've definately had this problem recently, too. What appears to be happening is that, for some reason, it's loading the same page ~10 times in rapid succession. I'm not sure, but from the names of the pages in my history, I would guess that it has to do with loading the images embedded in the page; it appears that it may be reloading the page many times in order to load the images.

Additionally, I also have auditory confirmation of this. My computer is set to the default behavior of IE, which clicks when it finishes loading a page. Every time I load a PriusChat thread, I get a machine-gun sequence of clicks.

4. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

IE6 service pack KB918899 introduced a whole bunch of problems with Prius Chat when I installed it. Finally uninstalled it and things are back to normal. Still nothing in MS knowledge base about the problems I had. Still waiting for a fix.
    win2000pro
    IE6

5. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    1-2 weeks ago, MS let out a patch for IE (probably the one refered to here), that caused all sorts of problems... and to the best of my knowledge they haven't been fixed yet. Many, many people here at work have had problems with one of our internal sites used for record keeping and tracking... it seems IE randomly crashes on the site atleast once an hour. Since then, i've gotten most of them switched over to firefox. So, in short, never rely on one browser! I personally use firefox almost exclusively, but there are a few sites that don't load properly and i have to switch to IE for (don't get me started on how none of the browser's DOM's follow the standard... it's a serious pain in the nice person to make websites that work and look identical in every browser)

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    why dont you just open a new window for the post you are interested in and keep the search page intact?

7. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Again guys, just to point it out, I'm completely patched and my IE's working fine with PriusChat. They re-released the patch you mention toward the end of August with a few changes. Have you visited Microsoft Update lately?

BTW, you really should patch for MS06-042. It's a known exploit that is actively being used to compromise computers by the Bad Guys.

8. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    dont use IE, tried with FF and Safari and it works fine.

9. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am running a completely patched version of IE (at least according to MS Update), and am having the problems. No problems in Firefox, though.

10. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon @ Sep 5 2006, 09:25 AM) [snapback]314497[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, always apply security patches... however, that doesn't mean you should still be using inferior M$ products...