1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canview Voltage Issue

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by rc_Rs_ss, Sep 22, 2012.

1. rc_Rs_ss

rc_Rs_ss Escaped from Parking Trap

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I converted my 06 prius two years ago to plugin. I used hybrid interfaces design and canviews. Today the voltage readout quite working. Any ideas what it could be? I am pretty sure it is a problem with the car and not canview. I already disconnected both batteries for about an hour with no change. Any help would be great! Thanks-

voltages1.jpg

2. rc_Rs_ss

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It is also not clearing my DTC codes, or reading them even though my check engine light is on. I have a small emissions leak detected code I clear every once in a while. I unplugged the canView for an hour, reconnected and have been driving on normal prius operation with no change.

3. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    I would reflash the micro with a new code set for all the canview devices you own

[email protected] likes this.
  4. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    yes
    just refresh your code.
    over time it can get srambled

do you use a 12 volt battery tender? those things tent to put out a high voltage where the canview will keep starting up and going down again because there is no canbus data.. en keep on doing that for hours and hours.
    after some time the code just gets scrambled or something.
    reload it and its fine..

5. rc_Rs_ss

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Update--
    I reprogrammed all of the codes which was a pretty cool learning experience. I did every code twice with no change. But I did notice that on the can input harness there are five total wires. The black wire is no longer attached to anything. I know for a fact that it parallels with another wire- the brown one. While inspecting the wires the brown one looks half broken. I did a quick temporary fix of the wires also with no change. I am on vacation the next two weeks and when I get back I will be installing this CanView on my fiances prius to see if it works fine on that one. I am leaning towards a problem with my Prius Battery ECU and not CanView at this time. Will update soon- Thanks for the suggestions--

6. mrbigh

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    How can you have broken/loose wires in a installation that it's stationary?

7. rc_Rs_ss

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    A week ago I had to take the seat out and check a few wires for a different hack I installed. I am thinking I bumped the wires or something in the process. Either that or it was from disconnecting for programming the Canview with the seat still bolted down. I had it in and out about six times.My fault for being lazy and not removing the seat first. I am never abusive to plugged in harness- Dont pull on wires to disconnect. I pretty much finished breaking the one wire when I was inspecting them-

8. mrbigh

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    make sure to re-solder the wires in the correct order and socket positions.
    Temporarily disconnect from the source the +12VDC going to CAN VIEW to avoid a major disaster

9. rc_Rs_ss

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Quick question, I am currently on a road trip through the mountains with no working canview. Should I have the three added packs disconnected? Those long uphill stretches are pushing the limits of my car. But then when going downhill I think it could be over-regenerating the batteries?? I figured leaving the added packs connected to help protect from that. What do you think?