1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car finish restoration products.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Trebuchet, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
  2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm somewhat curious about both those products.
    Haven't used them.

To be honest, in some situations I like the idea that a product is temporary or will fade in time. That way if I don't like the way it looks or smells, at least I know it's only going to last a finite amount of time.

Having seen the Wipe New commercials it is somewhat bothersome to me that with application you are asked to wear gloves. And if for any reason I don't like the way it looks or smells in the interior the idea that it can last as long as a whole year is somewhat unnerving.

Standard products may not be as long lasting...but sometimes there is advantage to "temporary".

But I would be curious as to reviews from actual users.

Trebuchet likes this.
  3. danvee

danvee Blizzard Brigadier

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    A few of the local dealer use the Dr ColorChip process on their 'pre-owned' cars.
    It's surprisingly good. Most effective with solid colors. A bit less so with metallics, even less so with tri-coat or pearls.
    Depends on where on the body.
    Below the shadow or belt line, even pearls look pretty good.
    Above the shadow or belt line or on top surfaces, They don't stand up well to scrutiny at any less than 4-5'.

Trebuchet likes this.