1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car Insurance

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Okinawa, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    My car insurance keeps rising. Anyone else experiencing this? If not, I will start getting some quotes.

#1 Okinawa, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  2. DianaM

DianaM Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Whew! ;)

#2 DianaM, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Why don't you shop around?

SCH-I535

4. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid

#4 Okinawa, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  5. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    car insurance rates depends on local and also national accident/theft rates. my insurance has been slightly rising for 2 years but this year, it dropped. the many different prices that are offered by different companies, is the result of how the companies are located. for example, a local only insurance company will be able to charger you lower than the big company like geico.

Torvic likes this.
  6. mahout

mahout Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    [QUOTEThe ="Okinawa, post: 2063324, member: 119999"]My car insurance keeps rising. Anyone else experiencing this? If not, I will start getting some quotes.[/QUOTE]

Insurance rates depend on primarily 2 things:
    1. the cost of repairs
    Insurance rates depend primarily on 2 things:
    1. cost of repairs. With the crush controlled chassis designs required there are more cars totalled than repaired. huge cost increases
    2. your driving record: more tickets, more driving, higher rates.
    The first is a significant cost increase. Sure it should lower medical and hospital costs but so far not so.

7. rjdriver

rjdriver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I recently went through the process, quoting with 8 companies. If you have a good credit rating/credit score, and they don't ask about it, make sure you mention it. While I was negotiating to get my AAA car insurance cost down, they brought that up as if it was a new option to consider. After checking my credit, they lowered the quote by 15%. A big savings. But they still weren't the cheapest. Travelers gave me the best rate.

8. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Insurance rates depend on primarily 2 things:
    1. the cost of repairs
    Insurance rates depend primarily on 2 things:
    1. cost of repairs. With the crush controlled chassis designs required there are more cars totalled than repaired. huge cost increases
    2. your driving record: more tickets, more driving, higher rates.
    The first is a significant cost increase. Sure it should lower medical and hospital costs but so far not so.[/QUOTE]
    I know all of that. I have no tickets or accidents but my insurance rates keep going up. I just thought if a couple of people on this Forum would tell me if their's is rising for no reason then if they are I would not have to go through the hassle of getting quotes so I'll just go ahead and get the quotes.

9. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Thanks for the info. I have USAA. About 3 years ago I switched from State Farm to USAA and at that time USAA was much cheaper. Since I switched to USAA it has been rising with every renewal. My driving record has not changed nor I have I had any accidents. I'll just shop around. I was just wondering if all other insurance companies are raising their rates as well. I imagine they are. They are all in bed together.

10. rjdriver

rjdriver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I was with AIG for many years. And while they weren't raising the rates, they weren't lowering the collision/comprehensive cost like they should have been every year as the car's value decreased. So same as an increase, only not quite as bad.