1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car Prices are going up in Arizona

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by azdaisey, May 22, 2008.

1. azdaisey

azdaisey New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi,We are close to buying a package #2. But, we have noticed that within 8 days that the Toyota Manufacturer has raised the base price by $400.00. A dealer warned us about this. The dealer also said that his boss has tacked on another $564.00 at the dealership. So we went from $26,566.00 (OUT THE DOOR PRICE) to $27,530.00 in eight days. Now we have not signed or made a commitment. What do you think about that price. We live in Tucson, Arizona where we only have 2 dealerships. They claim it will take 2 - 3 months to get a car. We can also deal with Phoenix, Arizona, but their price is $1000.00 and 100 miles away. :) Thank you for your answers and time. This is a great site for new buyers.

2. Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I bought a package #2 new for 24.5k out the door just last week. I live in Florence, SC. Last week I was told 3-6 weeks since I specified I wanted a Black.

I would look at a dealership a bit farther away, it would be worth a $200 plane ticket to save $2500.

3. azdaisey

azdaisey New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Captain Fantastic, You may have something there, I just got a quote from a dealership 100 miles aways for 26,823.00, but I think that includes no city tax. I also think that is with floor mats that I could buy later at a lower price. Thank you.

4. Tdoff1

Tdoff1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Cannot find them in Virginia. I found a very clean 2007 certified Toyota used Prius, Did not save a ton, but got a good deal. Also benefit of the remainder of factory warranty, full 7 yr drivetrain warranty and upgraded for the full platinum wrap around warranty for a discounted price.

I think the waiting time for new will increase substantially and the used ones will be few and far between. I feel lucky on the find and deal that I got as they are just not around this area.

Dealers are also taking full advantage of the lack of supply and huge demand when ordering new. $500-$1500 (depending on the dealer) non-refundable deposit to get on the list. If you change your mind while you wait, you lose your money....sad.

Again, I am thrilled and lucky I picked this one up when I did.

5. Ailu

Ailu Prius Groupie

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Wow, we just bought our '08 Package #2 for $23,478 (out the door $25,491) last week from a dealer here in northern California just last week. I knew we got a good price, but didn't realize just how good of a deal we got until now.

6. azdaisey

azdaisey New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ailu,
    That sound like a good deal, I guess each state will have different deals. Maybe the higher volume of sales or population helps. Have fun with your Prius, I'm a little jealous. I might fly to California! :plane:

7. gdaddyo

gdaddyo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Prices going up in NW Washington....I pick up my 08 Touring (Barcelona Red) on Sunday with out the door @ 26,334 plus 8.3% sales tax & $150 license.... The salesman said when we talked this afternoon that prices went up $400 but not on mine since they quoted me signed agreement.

This will be a shock in several ways: 1.) I havent had a car payment in 20+ years (this is my retirement ride) 2.) This will be my 3rd brand spanking new car ever & 3.) I'm old enough to be challenged using a TV remote let alone a Prius - We shall see:p I'm thankful for this forum.