1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cargo Area Protection Ideas Help Needed ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Markee, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Markee

Markee Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm looking for any ideas or threads that could help me to come up with things that may work for my particular situation

I need a good diy way or accessories made to cover and protect the cargo area bottom, the walls and the back of and top of the back seats. I just bought a 2010 Prius that i plan to use as a work vehicle​
    I'm a fire extinguisher guy driving around all day going from business to business checking there fire extgs.​
    Once I have everything all protected I plan to build a box back there with a lid that will hold maybe 15 or so fire extgs​

So looking for any treads related DIY protection or links to accessories that might work for me

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    markee,

one option woudl be to go out buy some rubberized floring/carpet ect and cut and make patterns and then line the surfaces. use velcro/ snaps, ect to hold them in place.

Husky and weather tech make a one peice rear cargo liner. for the bottom, but it does nothing for the sides...

another option would to take the car to a canvas shop (boating) (south florida should have a fair amount of options) and have someone make a canvas/cordorua liner that would cover all the surfaces you desire. It might cost a few bucks, and you'd have to leave the car for a couple days.. but at least it would be removable and easily washable.
    if you had a sewing machine... you coudl probably do it yourself.
    Sunbrella, Marine Canvas, Fabrics, Hardware and Supplies - Sailmaker's Supply

Heck I would think that if you went to any sail loft, you've be able to get some old sail cloth for free it usually a fairly durable dacron(older white sails) or even some new kevlar, carbon laminates..

I have some old reject sail material that I have thought of using for this same purpose. my previous vehicle was a chevy HHr which had nice hard floor and was easy to clean and keep clean when I hauled crap from the nursery or tools from work..

3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    alos,

any metal/welding shop worth it salt could also easily make a one peice box insert with highe sides some hinges for the rear seats to be still operational... but thats not cheap either.