1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Carpeted Cargo Mat for 2013 Prius Three

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by rsg, Nov 17, 2013.

1. rsg

rsg Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all:

I traded in my 2011 Prius III and picked up a 2013 Prius Three. The 2011 had a decent rear cargo mat that had a nice sort-of plush carpet feel to it, and I put a clear protective cover over the carpet to protect it and keep it clean.

The 2013 (slate-colored carpet mats in front in rear) had no rear cargo carpet mat in it. I don't like the looks of the clear cover over it, so I want to put a carpeted mat in it. I want something of a semi-plush carpet back there. Quite frankly, I think that without a rear carpet back there, it looks like crap. Carpet back there could help reduce some of the noise in the rear too.

I went to the dealer -- they will sell me one for around $100 (I forget the exact cost) but the only color choice is bisque. I really want to put something darker in the rear cargo area, both to match the slate-colored front and rear mats, and to cut down on reflected light on the rear glass.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to how to get a dark cargo carpet mat in the rear? I'm not interested in a Weatherguard liner back there....I just want to have a decent looking carpet back there in a slate color that I can use the clear plastic protector over.

Thanks,
    Shawn

2. mikeg3

mikeg3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    JC Whitney sells a carpeted cargo mat for the Prius. I can't vouch for the quality, but they sell them & in different colors too.