1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cars.com Reviews the 2012 Tesla Model S

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by cwerdna, Jan 5, 2013.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Cars.com Reviews the 2012 Tesla Model S - KickingTires

Interesting about the "butt sensor" they mention. I what's the final word on that and whether the behavior's been changed/fixed now.

2. nickb

nickb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sat in one at the Tesla store in the Short Hills mall. I was impressed, but the Model X with its AWD would be better in areas where it can snow versus the RWD Model X.

3. ThaSaint

ThaSaint Go Big Blue!

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Saw one of these parked at a doctor's office at work yesterday. Very nice looking.

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    See the Consumer Reports Model S review ... the reviewer looks like a kid in a candy shop, salivating to get more seat time in a Model S.

5. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't believe this has been an issue in the first place, at least as a general design issue. More likely an issue with that specific sensor in that specific car. I did hear of one other report, although I am to sure if that report and this one are regarding the same car?

In 4500 miles of driving, my wife and I have never had this happen. I also have never heard of it happening with other Tesla owners I personally have spoken with.
    The reviewer most likely had an early or even pre-production test car. Also keep in mind the drive was sometime prior to mid October, yet they published the review just now?

ThaSaint and JMD like this.