1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

cd stuck in changer, radio works fine though

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by lewiscole, Oct 30, 2011.

1. lewiscole

lewiscole Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    A cd is just spinning in the unit and when I try to change to a different cd in the changer it won't let me. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sounds like the in-play CD and the threaded spindle used to change CDs are no longer in contact with one another. A simple mechanical slippage that will require taking the HU apart to set things straight again. This happened to me in another car, but I suspect these CD changer mechanisms work similarly across different brands and models.

Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  3. lewiscole

lewiscole Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks Zen Machine. Would you recommend taking it into a dealer or an audio electronics house? I'm out of warranty.

4. Gary Otto

Gary Otto Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Dealers seem to only know how to replace things...not repair them. I would think they would either offer to install a new unit, at your expense...or with luck they may deal with someone who performs the work. I would think you would be better off to Google a stereo repair shop in your area.
    The same thing happened on my wife's Silverado and we found an independent shop in the Orlando area that removed, repaired and reinstalled the unit while we waited....about a 1/2 hour. They also guarenteed their work. Cost about $100 ...

1 person likes this.
  5. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Make sure the shop you use know how to work with Prius head units.