1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Center Display/Power

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Ben Keeton, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Ben Keeton

Ben Keeton New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My Prius has a very temperamental center display and power. Periodically, when you start the car, the central display and the power in the central unit (clock, power outlets, etc.) does not come on. It usually will come on after 5-10 minutes of running.

I have no idea what could be causing this and cannot find any common denominator. The only "clue" that I have is that if there is nothing plugged into the outlet and I plug something in (like a phone charger), it will immediately kill the screen and all the power associated with it. After awhile 10-30 mins, the display (and all the power) will come back on.

Thoughts?

2. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Having a quick glance at the wiring diagram I would check out the ACC relay shown center left in this diagram with the green wires going to it. This not only feeds the power outlet, but also feeds the body ECU that controls many functions.
    There are also known problems with the soldering on the earlier MFD displays, but I have not heard of the problem being triggered by loading the power outlet and that failing as well.

John (Britprius)

Attached Files:

#2 Britprius, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014