1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Changing Toyota Badge Background... Who has done this and is the emblem any looser?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by legoadan, Jun 24, 2014.

1. legoadan

legoadan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I was watching this video and I really want to change my badge background now.

[​IMG]

Video and eBay link.

Toyota Prius Carbon Fiber Emblem Insert Decal Blue Heat 2010 2011 2012 Badge | eBay

I have a few questions. First is has anyone done this? Does it leave the badge any looser than before (I don't want my badge falling off or rattling)? Also, the guy provides a link to his carbon fiber vinyl, where can I get it for cheaper?

2. legoadan

legoadan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  3. Toy Boy

Toy Boy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Since it is just a clip and you are making the plastic behind it thicker it should be tighter and more secure. Quieter too because it is vinyl instead of plastic.
    Check this link... Avery Supreme Black Carbon Fiber Car Wrap Vinyl Decal Film Sheet 4" x 6" Sample | eBay
    Has to be cut anyway so is true DIY.
    There is another instructional that shows easier way to remove decal, they say us credit card (or customer loyalty card
    ) slide underneath where clips are to push them in to pop out. I am going to try, already have a larger piece of black carbon fiber coming to do front bumper center with and should have left over scraps for this project.

4. Toy Boy

Toy Boy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I like the green too, this guy was clever. To make it very durable you could get it laminated, probably at Kinko's also.

5. Toy Boy

Toy Boy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    link, same price but bigger piece if you want to try some other bits on the car. It takes a little longer coming from China, usually 2-3 weeks.
    3D Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap Decal Professional Bubble Free Air Release Black | eBay

6. legoadan

legoadan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Ahhh I should've checked eBay!

I checked Amazon and got something off there less than 5 bucks and free shipping.