Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

1. TGB4 2014 Prius Convention Hotel Discounts are ending this week. Click for more information. All Access registration with personalized items ends Sept 1. Register now!

cheap rear cargo mat w/o any cutting?

Discussion in 'Gen II Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by cwerdna, Nov 26, 2011.

Social Buttons

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I intentionally never got the OEM Toyota floor or cargo mats as I thought they were overpriced but I've lately been looking for a rear cargo mat. My interior color is bisque. I posted a WTB at http://priuschat.com/forums/private-sales/97029-cheap-rear-cargo-mat-2nd-gen-04-09-a.html and nobody replied. :/

It seems all the choices are expensive (to me) for what they are. I called a local Toyota dealer and asked for the price on the OEM mat and the price a bit over $100. Ouch!

Doing some digging, I found stuff like:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/newbie-forum/60726-replacing-prius-cargo-carpet.html#post832504
    Toyota Prius 2004 ~ 2009 NHW20 Interior Accessories :: Sigma Automotive (all way too much)
    Floor Mats, Car Mats, Logo Floor Mats, Rubber Floor Mats | Mat Depot - $56.51
    Toyota PRIUS Cargo Mat - Toyota PRIUS Accessories - $60ish
    ToyotaPartsPeople.com - Genuine Toyota Parts and Toyota Accessories - $58 - $70ish

PriusChat Shop : ExactMats - The Original Clear Floor Mat - $72.00 - was thinking of this but I don't understand what the cargo extension is. If I buy the cargo mat alone, it's $68 and even if I take advantage of Amex SBS credit, it's $43. Still too much.

The cargo mat extension only for $45 but since I don't know what it is, I don't know what I'm actually getting.

All of these seem rather expensive for what they are considering a set of standard floor mats for the seating areas can be had easily for $20 from an auto parts store.

Anyone have any other cheaper alternatives? I'd rather not buy a generic piece of material and cut. I figure whatever I do won't look very neat.