1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check Engine Light 2007 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by rlafosse, Oct 2, 2007.

1. rlafosse

rlafosse New Member

Hello all,
    My Prius just turned 5000 miles and the check engine light turned on immediately. I had the oil changed and the light is still on, should I take my care to Toyota service? If the light turns on for every oil change, is there a way to reset the light?
    Thanks

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(saitoh7 @ Oct 2 2007, 07:43 AM) [snapback]520214[/snapback]</div>
    That's actually the Maintenance light, not the CEL.
    To turn it off...
    1) Make sure the Odometer is set to ODO (not Trip A or Trip B).
    2) Shut down the car.
    3) Press and continue to hold the ODO button while hitting the Power button twice to power up into IgOn mode....keep holding the ODO button.
    4) On the Dash instead of the Odomometer reading you'll see a set of dashes, the dashes will one at a time disappear and then 000000 will appear. You can release the ODO button and turn off the car...or turn it on and start driving.

In 4500 miles it will briefly flash on then turn off. At 5000 miles it will come on and stay on continuously.

3. ACORNBLUES

ACORNBLUES New Member

wow, efusco is being so nice. i'm still simmering over the op for their interpretation of the 'main't req' light. hmm,i hope they changed the right fluid.

4. rlafosse

rlafosse New Member

Thank you so much efusco, I will try it tonight.