1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check Enging Light And Hybrid Malfunction Light?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Marc322, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Marc322

Marc322 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I own a 2005 prius. It is stock and i recently had the check engine light pop up as well as "problem" when car was started and 2 lights with exclamation point, one on a car and ones in lil brackets. I believe it is called a "hybrid malfunction light". Well one day they all pop up and about 3 days later theyre gone. Only thing i did was fill up the tank, when they came on only 1 bar was left on the tank. My question is should i still take it in to see whats wrong with it? and what could of caused both lights to come on?

2. krg03

krg03 Not expert, just experienced

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The lights are just an indication something is going on. A dealer can look at the codes and see whats going on. BESURE to tell them what you see and make them right it down. Sometimes they just don't listen. Then be ready to empty your wallet. Also if you have 2 dealers within close range, take it to both and see if they agree. Be sure to post back of the results. Helps others.