1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Check Hybrid System error on Prius 2011

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by praneedh, Oct 9, 2014.

1. praneedh

praneedh New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I tried to replace a fuse for my blown accessory power. Because I did not know exact fuse, I replaced one by one.
    One the few of them tried with no luck, I stated a getting' Check Hybrid System' error.
    I tried driving and it went only 10 mph for few yards. I stopped and the drive D gear position does not come up. instead it change to N.
    I tried ignition off and on two times, removed the 12V battery cable at the back.
    Still no luck.

Any help is appreciated on,
    1.How to clear the error message,
    2.How to find the fuse for Accessory power.

2. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Disconnect the 12v battery (The negative lead where it attaches to the car body is usually easiest) for a couple of minutes to reset the ECUs. Hopefully the error indication will go away. Note that this will make your Prius forget radio presets and may require you to reset the "auto open/close function of the driver's window (just open it all the way and then close it).

JeffD

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Even though you indicate that you have already disconnected the 12V battery it would not hurt to try it again as indicated above. If this does not work I would go back through the fuses that you changed and verify that one is not open. Also when re-inserting verify that they are seated properly.

4. praneedh

praneedh New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It worked. I took the power cable out for 5 minutes and connected back. The Car started to operate normally.
    In the morning I did not give enough time. Only 10 seconds may be as I was in hurry and excited.

Also I did more research and found the Accessories power fuses. That is inside the car, under the Steering weel near left knee of the driver. front fuse is marked as CGL ( Cigarette lighter) second fuse is marked as in- Power.)

Thanks Jeff, for advising me to do this step and Thaks Collins for asking me to repeat again properly.

Thanks,
    Praneedh

jdcollins5 likes this.