1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chicago Dealers - Grossinger & Metro Toyota

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by gschoen, Apr 12, 2005.

1. gschoen

gschoen Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Anyone have feedback on these North Side dealerships? I bought my car at Grossinger and was less than impressed. I'm debating whether to return for service or find someone else. The place is filthy and hasn't been renovated in 30 years, at least, and gross bathrooms! Plus it's congested and difficult to get in/out of there, the service writing area is just tables on the floor of the garage, to get to parts you have to go through a service bay, and so on. Has anyone gone to Metro Toyota and is it better?

I'm also considering a suburban dealership, my family lives in Naperville and I go a few times a month. Any good/bad feedback on dealerships in the Aurora/Naperville/Lombard/Dwn Grove/Villa Park/Woodridge etc area? Since it only needs maint. twice a year, travelling should be no biggie. Only nice thing about the city is ability to take bus/train home, but I can usually amuse myself around the dealership 8) Do any give shuttle service? Saturn was great about shuttles & loaners back in the day... these days you might as well be going to a Chevy dealer.

2. sparky1015

sparky1015 New Member

I bought TWO cars--pver the years--at Naperville Toyota. They were great to deal with. Put it to you this way, I'd go back.

3. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When I owned a 97 Camry XLE V6 as a company car I took it to Libertyville Toyota which was absolutely fantastic. Clean, prompt, thorough, on time, on budget, overall just great. When I bought my Prius in WY, due to a 62 week wait period in April04, have used Oakbrook and Continental and was not overly impressed with either. Libertyville leaves them in the dust.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I bought Priapus and have him serviced in Libertyville. I know that's a little out of your way, but I recommend them.

5. gschoen

gschoen Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If I'm only going twice a year it shouldn't be that big of a deal (for maintainence) Hopefully no repairs needed... hehe

Good recommendations for Naperville & Libertyville. Thanks!

6. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

Lombard Toyota has shuttle service if I recall correctly. I had work done there while I waited, on another Toyota, and they seemed very knowledgeable (unlike sales). Now they are finishing a new building which is good for everyone.

Mostly I go to Oakbrook Toyota in Westmont. Capable Prius service and very neutral on the sales experience (for another Toyota).