1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cig/USB charging issue

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by MarsMan, Sep 3, 2015.

1. MarsMan

MarsMan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a few different cig/USB adapters, whenever I have my Samsung S6 and my wife's Samsung Mega 2 (or her Tab 3) plugged in, it kills the port until I unplug and re-plug in the adapter. (tested it in her Scion xB and it works like it should)

I even tried using the S6 on the dash port, and her Mega2 on the center console port, same issue. We can only charge one at a time.

Is anyone else having or seen this issue? I'm looking for a work around. We have three kids with phones/tablets; and I have an anker 5 port adapter I want to use on long trips.

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My guess is that you are trying to pull too much juice. The owners manual says they are designed for 10a.

3. MarsMan

MarsMan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I feared that, its highly annoying.
    Any idea for a safe spot to tap into the fuse block to bypass that/add a line or two? I would like to avoid going straight to the battery.
    I like the fuse block as it will kill the power when the car is off. I need to keep everyone charged and battery packing it x4 is a pain sometimes.

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I tap my seat heater fuses for all of my power needs because our level 3 Prius doesn't have seat heaters. ;)

MarsMan likes this.
  5. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I can't believe 2 of those 3 devices are pulling 10 amps. I have a splitter with 2 outlets and 2 USB ports connected to the front outlet and a Stanley inverter with 1 AC outlet and 1 USB port connected to the console outlet. I've had 2 RazRs, 2 iPhone 6S and a Garmin Nuvi 2555 plugged in at the same time with no problems. Are you able to plug ANY 2 devices into the 2 outlets without problems?